Friday, May 9, 2008

Qualifications For United States President

John McCain was on TV bashing Barrack Obama's 'qualification'.

So what does it need to be an effective President?

Let's see if my memory still works without Google...

Dwight Eisenhower was a general during WWII.

John F. Kennedy was in Congress (House of Representative and Senate) sometime during the Korean War.

Lyndon Johnson, I cannot recall what he did before becoming Vice President and, later, assumed the Presidency after Kennedy's death. I know he is from Texas.

Richard Nixon was almost like Kennedy except he was Ike's Vice President and lost to Kennedy before winning over Johnson.

Gerald Ford was a Senator, then he became Vice President after Spiro Agnew resigned and President after Nixon resigned.

Jimmy Carter was a Governor.

Ronald Reagan was a Governor.

George H.W. Bush was a Congressman? I remember he was a Director of CIA.

Bill Clinton was a Governor.

George W. Bush was a Governor.

So what does it take?

I will tell you after Obama's Presidency, if he wins.

Ask me about George W. instead.

And, will Hillary break the Northeast Liberal Jinx?