Saturday, April 4, 2009

Globe Broadband DSL

IS FULL OF SHIT !

*Ahem*

Within a week, or so, of installation of Global Broadband DSL sometime October 2008, our line went silent for 24 hours.

October 31, 2008 and November 1, 2008, it again went down.

Everything appeared fine until January 2009.

Globe Broadband DSL slowed down, provided erratic service, frequent signal loss.

Calling the 1-800 which Globe provides for such contingencies, I always (I would like to repeat that for emphasis: always) hear an apology for never ending succession of 'network restoration'.

In my desire for some stability I decided to pay an additional P770.00 per month for a static IP address.

I thought I was on may out of broadband hell, I was greatly mistaken.

With a static IP I can only load 1 in 10 websites.

Google would not work.

Yahoo would not work.

Oddly, torrent sites were not affected nor torrent downloads.

Then we suffered a 24-hour outage.

When network was restored, I repeat:
I was still only able load 1 in 10 websites.

Google would not work.

Yahoo would not work.

Oddly, torrent sites were not affected nor torrent downloads.

Then I was hit with , what seems like, another 24-hour outage:

Again I would like to repeat what happened when it was restored:
I was still only able load 1 in 10 websites.

Google would not work.

Yahoo would not work.

Oddly, torrent sites were not affected nor torrent downloads.

There was another long outage after that but I was between indifference and pure rage to take notice.

Today, I discovered I no longer have static IP.

But it appears the whole internet is, once again, within my finger tips.

Before I end this post, I would like to apologize to Globe Boradband for referring to them as "...FULL OF SHIT !"

I had wanted to refer to Globe Broadband in harsher and much, much, much more obscene manner as I could possible muster.

But words failed me. A truly horrible experience in the hands of horrible, horrible company.

Bloody stupid, idiots, morons.